Welcome to 2018!

みんなさん 今日は!

ようこそ to 2018 and the start of our brand new school year. I hope you all had a fantastic holidays and have come back ready to learn more Japanese this year. In 2018 I am lucky enough to have classes in years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and get to visit the receptions for mini Japanese lessons in term 1.

During term 1 we will have a bit of fun with some new years activities before covering some topics that will also be used as some revision as we combine previously learned knowledge with new knowledge.

Years 1 and 2:
We will be following the story of Brown Bear (in Japanese of course!) and will be revising our colour knowledge to make basic descriptive sentences.

Years 3 and 4:
After learning our days of the week and basic sentence structure last year we will be moving on to learning how to describe what we do in a week with our unit ‘My Day’. This will combine previous knowledge with some new sentence structures.

Year 5:
So we are on the same page with Davey 先生 and her year 5 and 6 classes we will all be looking at Japanese folktales and learning how to build more detailed sentences about the folktales.

Here’s to a fantastic term!

Coghlan 先生 より。